Cape Town is more than just a famous tourist destination – it also presents function and conference organisers with a comprehensive solution to all their needs. With pristine beaches, world-class restaurants and a buzzing nightlife to hit up after the day’s work, there is not one reason why you should not consider hosting your next event in the Mother City.
The Table Bay Hotel
If you want to sweep your delegates off their feet, you cannot go wrong with The Table Bay Hotel and its many stylish venues.
- Spacious, tasteful and lavishly furnished with panoramic views across Table Mountain, the Atlantic Ocean and the working harbour, The Atlantic is ideal for private lunches and dinners as well as cocktail functions of up to 150 people.
- The Ballroom is an out-of-this-world venue with crystal chandeliers and opulent décor. It can be divided in two for smaller dinners events or opened up for a cinema-style setup and can hold up to 300 people.
- Easily the hotel’s most romantic venue, The Pavilion is a beautiful Victorian-style space that is perfect for dinner or cocktail events as well as smaller business entertainment of up to 120 people.
- The Pre-Function Boardroom is an elaborate space for smaller business meetings and conferences in a cinema setting and can hold up to 50 people.
Quay 6, W Quay Road, V&A Waterfront
021 406 5000
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
The Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel is arguably the most luxurious venue in Cape Town with its warm service, state-of-the-art technologies and fine-dining options that are second to none.
- An expansive space made up of three interconnecting rooms with a dedicated entrance for a touch of exclusivity, The Ballroom is ideal for sumptuous receptions, conferences and exhibitions and can hold up to 400 people.
- The Sherwood Room, previously the hotel’s main dining room, has undergone a refurbishment and now features rich wooden panelling, prominent arches and a minstrel’s gallery that is perfect for both small and large events of up to 150 people.
- An abundance of natural light and stylish surrounds coupled with stunning views of the hotel’s flower gardens makes Planet Restaurant a top choice for privates lunches and dinners as well as cocktail parties and can hold up to 120 people. The Conservatory inside the restaurant benefits from an outdoor terrace and views of Lion’s Head and is suited to smaller functions like working lunches, presentations or board meetings of up to 60 people.
- Orchid Room’s interior is as enchanting as its namesake, boasting an intimate space that is best suited to smaller groups who you want to impress with a sensational private lunch or dinner. It can hold up to 45 people.
- The sophisticated Lord Nelson Room has undergone a contemporary makeover but is still brimming with history. Ideal to stage an intimate wine or whiskey tastings or a chic pre-dinner cocktail party, it can hold up to 40 people.
- Union Castle Boardroom is a cost, compact venue that blends art deco curves with earthy, South African tones to create the perfect setting for hosting a productive board meeting of up to 14 people.
- Looking to for an office space or somewhere to break away for lunch? Room 6 is just the place with its high ceilings and wooden floors. It can hold up to 20 people.
76 Orange Street, Gardens
021 483 1000
Conferencing at Cape Grace is an experience in itself, melding the modern comforts of a five-star luxury hotel with traditional Cape culture. One of the city’s most distinguished and central destinations, the hotel is ideally located for a wide range of events with its five different venues and tailor conference packaging. The venues offer a distinctive charm coupled with versatility and can hold between 20 and 150 people.
W Quay Road, V&A Waterfront
021 410 7100
The Bay Hotel
With the Atlantic on its doorstep, The Bay Hotel has an unrivalled location in Camps Bay. It also features a variety of event venues, making it possible to host a broad spectrum of different events including product launches, board meetings and year-end gala dinners. The Rotunda is an iconic venue that ties the hotel to its Victorian roots and is perfect for larger events and celebrations of up to 100 people. The conference room is a highly versatile venue that provides a perfect canvas for smaller conferences and comprehensive cocktail events of up to 120 people.
69 Victoria Road, Camps Bay
021 430 4444
Situated on the eastern slopes of Table Mountain, the Vineyard Hotel is favoured for its unique urban location, multi-purpose facilities and eco-friendly practices. The conference centre’s two separate floors offer modular, divisible venues that can be configured for a variety of standard or custom conference and meeting layouts for everything from intimate meetings to grand banqueting events of up to 220 people. There are also additional breakaway spaces in the adjoining Manor House.
Colinton Road, Newlands
021 657 4500
by Candice May